Art 391, Italian Architecture, Renaissance to Rococo
This is the gathering place for all the materials you need for my course. The navigation bar above will bring it all up in this window. Note that this includes:
- Introduction and Syllabus
- Assignments (these will be uploaded as they become relevant)
- Requirements for assignments - length, layout, necessary extras (these are graded)
- The grading policy - this is designed to grade a particular form of paper which is described in the Paper Writing link. It is also designed to evaluate your methodology while allowing you support different opinions from your professor
- Paper Writing describes the kind of paper I am looking for in this course. It is a research and findings paper that requires you to compile evidence and draw conclusions from that evidence. Most of the grade points in this kind of paper come from the introduction, conclusion, and thesis statement, so be sure you have understood these. Check out the tips on building arguments and controlling discussions too.
- Lightning Tests are anonymous self-tests - useful for reviews and quizzes
- Past Quizzes - if any - are the ones we have already done this semester or in previous courses (remember, some questions may be repeated in different words)
- On the LEFT is a link to The Secret History of Art, which contains essential preparation material for this course. There is stuff here you won't find anywhere else. Get used to navigating it, and if it malfunctions!